Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

HANDLE WITH CARE

Just a few minutes ago, as I was straightening up the new book display in the Young Adult area, I found something that made me very sad. Our new copy of This Dark Endeavor: the Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein by Kenneth Oppel was badly damaged. Though it only has a few torn pages, I will have to remove it from the collection because any more tearing will make the last few pages impossible to read.


Please, if you return a book that has torn pages, gotten wet, has food stains, or been damaged in any way, tell us. If you tell us right away it gives us an opportunity to repair the book A.S.A.P. Be aware that if the book is badly damaged, as was This Dark Endeavor, and we have to withdraw it from our collection we will ask you to pay for it. (You get to keep the book!) However, by paying the replacement fee it will allow us to purchase a new copy, allowing the book to be available for the next person who wishes to read it.

Send me an email telling me what you've read that you have liked.
kids@scarborough.lib.me.us

No comments:

Post a Comment